From G-SHOCK, the watch that is constantly making contributions to modern street culture, comes a new model that was produced in a triple collaboration with the Australia-based SNEAKER FREAKER magazine, and the STANCE brand of innovative socks of the United States. The base model is a revival of the DW-5700.
The overall design of the watch combines basic gray coloring with red accents, a combination that was inspired by the Australian red back spider. The band is decorated with a spider web print that creates a uniquely original design.
This new model comes with a pair of STANCE socks that were inspired by the watch design, making this a truly special timepiece.
Back in 2002, Simon ‘Woody’ Wood was dreaming up schemes to get free sneakers. Two weeks later, he was the proud owner of Sneaker Freaker magazine and his life was never the same.
From its early roots as a punk-style fanzine to today’s super-slick global operation, the fiercely independent publication has documented every key moment in sneaker culture. Having written and designed high-end books for brands including Nike, Puma, Reebok and New Balance, Woody’s enduring passion is proof that print can thrive in the right hands. In 2018, Sneaker Freaker will also release The Ultimate Sneaker Book in conjunction with Taschen. Combining Woody’s encyclopedic knowledge of brands and products with his instinctive design skills, Sneaker Freaker’s collaborations are highly regarded for their inventive and irreverent approach.
With a daily digital output that entertains sneaker nuts in all four corners of the globe, and a social media following in the multi-millions, Sneaker Freaker’s influence runs deep. More than a decade and a half since the first issue was released, Sneaker Freaker remains at the forefront of the international sneaker scene.
Embracing “The Uncommon Thread” as its mantra, Stance has turned one of the world’s most boring accessories into its most exciting in less than five years. Stance’s founders saw a category that had been ignored, taken for granted, looked over, dismissed. By breathing life into something that had been overlooked, Stance ignited a movement of art and self-expression that has drawn athletes, performers and iconic cultural influencers to the brand ？ a group they call the Punks & Poets. And by underpinning its creative roots with a relentless focus on technical innovation, Stance is now found in over 30 countries on the feet of those who dare to be different.
- Dimensions (H x W x D) : 48.9 × 45.4 × 13.4 mm
- Weight : approx. 53g
Composition & Care
- Case / bezel material: Resin
- Resin Band
- Shock Resistant
- Mineral Glass
- 200-meter water resistance
- Electro-luminescent backlight
- Flash alert
- Flashes with buzzer that sounds for alarms, hourly time signals
- 1/100-second stopwatch
- Measuring capacity: 00'00'00~59'59'99 (for the first 60 minutes)
- 1:00'00~23:59'59 (after 60 minutes)
- Measuring unit: 1/100 second (for the first 60 minutes)
- 1 second (after 60 minutes)
- Measuring modes: Elapsed time, split time, 1st-2nd place times
- Countdown timer
- Measuring unit: 1 second
- Countdown range: 24 hours
- Countdown start time setting range: 1 second to 24 hours (1-second increments, 1-minute increments and 1-hour increments)
- Other: Auto-repeat
- Multi-function alarm
- Hourly time signal
- Full auto-calendar (to year 2039)
- 12/24-hour format
- Regular timekeeping: Hour, minute, second, pm, month, date, day
- Accuracy: ±15 seconds per month
- by G-SHOCK
- Product ID: 270807604
- Style #: DW-5700SF-1